What To Do When Death Occurs
Through difficult moments and the days after loss, we’re here to help.
When a death occurs in your family, there will be important
decisions that need to be made in a timely manner. Jefferson Funeral Chapel is
available 24 hours a day, every day of the year to assist you in this process.
We have assembled this list to assist you when a death has occurred.
- What is the
name of your loved one?
- Where are
they currently resting (Home, Hospital, Nursing Home)?
- Who is the
next-of-kin and their contact information?
- Have you
thought about the type of services that you would like to have for your loved
one (viewing, burial, cremation)?
- Have you made
When you come in for your appointment to meet with one of our Funeral Directors, below is a list of items and information that will be needed for your funeral conference.
- The deceased’s full legal name
- The deceased’s parents names (including their
mother’s maiden name)
- The deceased’s date of birth and where they were
- The deceased social security number
- Clothing for the deceased
- Veteran’s discharge paperwork (DD-214)